Yong Jung's Blog

Most Intense Workout Ever.

Friday morning, I surprised myself. I put on my gym shorts, sneakers, and a loose tee and went to the gym. I absolutely love the new gym; it’s clean, bright and beautiful but unfortunately it feels like I never have time to enjoy it (does this sound like just an excuse?).

Anyways, I also forgot how much I love watching television while working out. That morning, after several minutes of Rachel Ray, I kept the channel on CNN.

Several reporters were commenting on Hillary Clinton’s (official?) statement about not running for the 2012 presidential election. In fact she said the chance of her running is below 0%. Clinton said she is happy and proud to serve as the top diplomat for the United States and is not interested in being so directly involved in politics (I assume having to deal with political parties and partisanship on a daily basis). Anyways, I just thought it was absolutely fascinating; if you’d like to see the clip, feel free to indulge!

After a bit more running, lifting and watching television (sometimes I find myself just sitting on the machine), I headed to the SGA House to organize the SGA Kitchen. The House is located on Cambrian row and has a full kitchen that is open for student use. Last semester, the executive board took a trip to IKEA and purchased new pots, pans, utensils, baking supplies, bowls, plates …cookbooks and beautified the space. And before summer break all of these supplies were stored in the offices upstairs. But, now the kitchen is ready for use!

Okay, so you are probably wondering why I titled this entry as the most intense workout ever; my morning at the gym does not sound like it was (and was not) very taxing. Well, allow me to preface this story by saying that Bryn Mawr offers dance courses for PE credit and as a senior who wishes to graduate (1more PE credit!) I thought it would be fun to take a dance class.

I have always wanted to take one (I’m taking full advantage of the opportunity this semester by taking African, Flamenco and Hip Hop!) and therefore was so excited when they fit my schedule! My first dance class was Hip Hop; and it was the most amazing, exhausting, and sweaty 1.5 hours of my life. I think I loved it so much because the teacher had great energy, but also because it was incredible fun! Honestly, I think I look unbelievably awkward, but I cannot wait for the next class. I am telling all of my friends to try and audit the course or take it next semester; I cannot think of anything I would rather do than to end my week DANCING!

2 Comments